Am I eligible to receive a VA loan?
Millions of veterans, active duty, reserves, and surviving spouses are eligible to receive VA loan benefits. The VA Loan Eligibility requirements are as follows:
You may be eligible to receive a VA home loan if you served on active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard for either:
- 90 days or more (wartime) or
- 181 continuous days or more (peacetime)
and were discharged(if applicable) under conditions other than dishonorable
Reserves and National Guard
Members who are not eligible based on the above requirements are eligible for a VA loan upon completion of 6 Years of Service.
You may are eligible for a VA loan if you are surviving spouse of a veteran who died as a result of service or service connected causes and are:
- Unmarried or
- Remarried after age 57 and on or after December 16, 2003
What can I use my VA Loan for?
- Purchase a single family residence or approved condominium in which you plan to reside
- Purchase and install energy efficient improvements that are approved by the lender and VA
- Refinance an existing VA or Non-VA home loan into a new VA loan
- May not be used for second homes or investment properties